Saturday, June 23, 2012

Dating Website Activity after a First Date

Posted on May 21st, 2012 by Brad under: dating advice

What is the etiquette for logging into a dating site after a first date? Should I be upset if I see someone logging into a dating site after our date? Alternately, is it impolite for me to log into a dating site after a first date that I’ve gone on?

I see this question most often from the angle of: “We had a great first date but I saw that he/she was active on Match yesterday so I guess they aren’t interested”.

Sometimes I’m contacted after the person has exploded in an email or phone call to the person they met, normally something along the lines of letting the person know they won’t be “played”.

On the other hand, I’ve also talked to people coming from this angle:

Since Match displays how active a person has been over the last 24hrs, online now, etc., when is it appropriate to log on after you have been on a really good date? I don’t want to seem like I’m not satisfied with him but right now it was just one date. However, going online right after the date didn’t seem right to me. When is the “safe” time to continue looking?

So when is the right time to go back online? And how much should we read into someone we met going back online?

Note: if you are in a committed relationship but are still seeing online activity from the person you are dating, you would want to see this article instead.

Differences Between Traditional Dating and Online Dating

First, I think it’s important to point out a difference between traditional dating and online dating

With traditional dating, after a date it would generally be considered impolite to pursue other people to date immediately. If a man went on a date with one woman and then a day or two later went on a date with a second woman without contacting the first, some would consider him a “player”.

Many people feel that traditional dating should follow a pattern of meeting someone, giving them all your attention, then ending it or taking the relationship to more serious territory. Obviously not everyone feels this way, but many do.



View the Original article

No comments:

Post a Comment